Saturday, August 6, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my first blog.  I'm tentivly naming is "Coding Problems", though I can't guarantee it'll be strictly about coding and programming, but that'll probably be the main topic.

I have a strong interest in computer science and mathematics. I'm particularly interested in the software engineering side of computer science, where engineers use and develop techniques to increase productivity and the overall quality of their code. I figure by documenting some experiences I have with programming, I'll not only have a nice log of my experiences to look bad on someday, but maybe others will find it helpful or interesting.

I'm mostly skilled in Ruby and Java.  Though I have exposure to several other languages, including but not limited to C, Python, PHP, VB.NET, and Haskell.  I'm very interested in functional languages.  I'd love to become skilled in Haskell someday; what I did taught myself a couple years back was a blast, but unfortunately I didn't stick with it.  I'm also interested in learning Scala, Closure, and/or Groovy.  Professionally I work with Ruby, VB.NET, PHP, Java, MySQL, TSQL, and scripting languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment